Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Ok, I know, 2 posts in one day...wow! :) But I really want to do this, so I figured I might as well start today!

I'm going to (attempt to) do a Thankful Thursday post every Thursday. I've always thought Thanksgiving should be a year-round holiday, so this is my way of making it one for me and my readers! :)


Today, I am thankful for my super-supportive family. As you may or may not know, my mother-in-law (MIL), Jackie, keeps Levi pretty much every day of the week. I can not BEGIN to tell you how much we appreciate this. Not only does it save us a ton of money, it also saves us (well, me!) a ton of stress! I know that he is loved and taken care of every day. She is so good at balancing grandmother and caregiver. I don't know what we'd do without her!

Something came up both Monday and Tuesday that she couldn't keep him (which by the way, she HATES!). :) My mom (Grammy) and sister (Aunt Cece), both had off work on Monday. The put aside their plans of a movie to keep him that day. They went to the Murfreesboro mall where he got to play on the playground and make new friends. It just meant so much to me that they changed their plans to help us out (not that they didn't LOVE to spend the day with him). :) They are both always willing to jump in and help me in any way possible. You know how people say "It takes a village to raise a child"? They are both crucial members of my village. :)

Tuesday was the same situation. I called Jeffrey's Grandmother (Mama) to see if she could keep him, and she did not hesitate to say yes! I mean, he's a bundle of energy, and I know it's not an easy task to keep up with him all day. Then Courtney picked him up that afternoon. How awesome is it that I didn't have to worry one single minute if he was ok?!

I know several people that don't have the luxury of family nearby to help out. I hope that I never take for granted the fact that we're blessed with close and willing family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment