Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day 2011

This year, Jeffrey celebrated his second Father's Day. :) As you know, I make a big deal out of special days like birthdays, and Father's Day is no exception! I was so grateful he was off work so we could all spend the day together.

We started off the day by going to Maple Hill for church. We don't get to go together on Sunday mornings a lot, so this in itself was special. I think Levi knew it was Daddy's special day. He kept leaning over to hug him or put his face up for a kiss. Precious! :)



After church, Levi was in desperate need of a nap, so we went back home to rest and change. Well, little man decided he needed to nap for 2 and 1/2 hours!! This would normally be great, but not when you're anxious to go do something fun! Jeffrey kept going to his door just dying to wake him up. Haha. He REALLY wanted to open his presents, but I made him wait until Levi woke up. :)



Oh how this little boy loves his Daddy! :)


Here Daddy, I'll read it to you!

Testing out Daddy's new razor :)
So after gifts, we loaded up to head to Jeffrey's favorite restaurant, Cheddar's. (Yes, it's taken the place of Demos'.) The food took FOREVER, so we played with the trains (yes, we!). :)

Have to have the sound effects.
Jeffrey wanted some shoes from Dicks, so we headed there next. I know it sounds silly, but I just love shopping with my husband! Seriously, it's such a small thing, but we hardly ever get to do that together. And he was just so excited and happy about his new kicks. :)


We left there and headed to Jeffrey's parents for dinner. Somebody must have slipped crack into Levi's sippy cup on the way, because when we got there, he was WILD! (Remember the diaper incident I told you about?) It didn't take long for him to get VERY tired, but we at least made it through dinner, and I managed to get some good pictures before he wiped out. :)

Lovin on Poppa


Levi adores his Uncle Hook

Three generations


The grillmasters
They had a casualty. :(





One of my favorite pics of all time!
So, as you see, we had a fun-filled day! I hope Jeffrey felt special because he certainly is to me and Levi. :) I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our child. I hope you all were able to spend the day with your dad or father of your children. For those like me who didn't get to celebrate with our Daddy, I hope you were able to remember and honor him on this special day.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes that I gave to Jeffrey on a picture frame his very first Father's Day:

"Any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a Dad."


No comments:

Post a Comment