Friday, May 13, 2011

Beautiful Thought

I'm so upset...I managed to type out a blog post yesterday, and it's gone! :( Here's the main idea...

Last week, we were eating at 4 Winds (man I hope you all know what that is!), and a man came over to talk to me Levi. As he was leaving, he said:

"If God made anything more precious than children, He kept it for Himself in Heaven."

How beautiful is that?! So simplistic and profound at the same time. It really made me think about not only the pure beautiful innocence of children, but also the pure beautiful wonderful Heaven! I know the joy I felt when I held Levi for the first time, and the joy I continue to feel with every minute I spend with him. Think of the most amazing moment in your life? Can you imagine something greater than that? Our human brains might not be able to process it, but God has something beyond belief waiting for His children. Revelation put its into words so that we can have a taste of what it will be like, but even that will pale in comparison to what's waiting for us. I've always heard it said when a young baby or child passes away that "God needed another angel in Heaven". Well, I can't wait to get to Heaven to see all His angels, both young and old, rejoicing in Him for eternity. Can you imagine what that will be like? "How beautiful Heaven must be..." :)

We read of a place that's called heaven,
It's made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God's word He has given,
How beautiful heaven must be.

Chorus:
How beautiful heaven must be
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be.

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God's light is forever, there shining,
How beautiful heaven must be.
 
Chorus:
How beautiful heaven must be
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be.

The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,
How beautiful heaven must be.

Chorus:
How beautiful heaven must be
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be...

No comments:

Post a Comment