Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hey Dude!

Last Thursday, May 19th, marked 4 years of wedded craziness bliss to my wonderful hubby. :) There's a part of me that feels like we've always been married and a part of me that feels like it was just yesterday that I was looking down that aisle at his happy waiting face. Here's a picture from that wonderful day (sorry it's blurry-it's a picture of a picture):


I talked about this here, but for those who don't feel like going back to read, a short backstory:

Before we ever got married, we decided that each year on or near our anniversary, we would take a trip somewhere. The rules are simple:

1) It has to be just me and him.
2) It has to be to a place neither one of us have ever been.

It doesn't matter how many days we can do or how far we can go, just that we go and have that time for each other. I look forward to this all year long. This is our gift to each other: time away from life to just get back to where it all started-us!

I found our trip destination a couple of months ago on a site called LivingSocial. If you aren't a member, you MUST check it out!


Think Groupon but without the "group" part. :) They also have escapes (trips) which is where this was.

So, if you've been following my blog, or if you've talked to me in the last couple of weeks, you know that the trip this year was to a dude ranch in East Tennessee. I'll be honest...I thought this was going to be one of those trips that was more suited for Jeffrey, but I would enjoy just because we were together. I love to ride horses, but I just wasn't sure about the rest of it. Let me tell you though...I LOVED it! We had such an amazing time! If you know me at all, you know I am a planner. I usually have our vacations planned out day by day just because I don't want us to miss something. With this one, there was nothing to plan! It was all there for us, and they just gave us the options at every meal. It was great! There were no tvs and hardly any cell phone service. The food was delicious. The scenery was beautiful. The company wasn't so bad either. ;) It was so nice to just relax, be outdoors and spend time with each other. We rode horses, did a cattle drive, played bingo and air hockey, and passed many many levels on Angry Birds (if you don't know what this is, I suggest NOT looking it up-it's very addictive). :) I even got to nap! This trip was exactly what we both needed. He's been working so much lately that we just haven't gotten to spend a lot of quality time together. I definitely came back more relaxed and more in love than ever! Our exact goal for the trip! :)

The lodge

Going to dinner on our anniversary night



B-I-N-G-O!

The Saloon

Oh yes, a John Wayne themed room-Jeffrey loved it!



Jeffrey and Doname

Me and Denali

Cattle drive

Loved seeing him so happy


No comments:

Post a Comment