Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hunt...What?

I have been so excited for Easter for many reasons, but one was to see my little man hunt Easter eggs! As you know from my previous blog, the first hunt didn't go exactly as I had planned. But...I had high hopes that it had taught him what to do, and that he was going to be a hunting machine on Easter day. Yeah...not so much...

Let me just tell you about the whole wonderful day! :)

Jeffrey was off work, so that just immediatly made my day to wake up to his smiling (ok, snoring) face. It's just so rare that we get whole days off together, and I just love every minute of it! So, we got up and got Levi's Easter basket ready. We even hid some egg around the living room for him to find. I was so excited for him to see his basket! I just knew he'd love his new Chuggington case!



Unfortunately, he woke up a little stuffy, so he wasn't his usual ball of energy. But, he was still pretty happy!! :)


Really trying to figure out how it works...
  
Levi and the "Easter Bunny"

Thanks Mom! :)

Oh wow, there are animal crackers in this one!

His bunny pancake :)

All of this excitement, and it was only 9am. :) We all got ready for church and headed out. We went to Laguardo since it started later, and they were having their annual egg hunt (which I just KNEW Levi was going to be great at)...

Started off good...

Yep, that's a good boy...

Look at all those kiddos hunting...


 Does anybody see anything wrong with the above picture? What? Did you say "Meredith's standing by herself in the middle of the hunt"? Yeah, that's right, I am. Here's why:


He was much more interested in the motorcycle than the eggs. :) I did manage to get him off for a "brief" photo shoot...

This one has money in it...see ya!
Hey, I told you it was brief!

Next up on our schedule-lunch! Aunt Ruth went to church with us that morning, so we all went back to Mom's house for our "homemade" Easter lunch. ;) Ok, so it wasn't all homemade, but it was still delicious! :) Before Levi crashed, we I just had to take some pictures...(and yes, I'm 27, and my mom still gets me an Easter basket-don't judge me!)


My Easter "basket"













Take 1...haha!


Sorry this is so long, but I took a LOT of pictures...

After a (much too short) nap, we headed to Jeffrey's parents to celebrate with the family. Another egg hunt...I'd like to say he was more interested, but again, it only lasted until he saw something else he'd rather do...




All smiles with Aunt Julie

Jeffrey was really excited about this bunny present. Haha. :)

Checking out his trains from Uncle Hook and Aunt Jen



Love this!



Yes, I have tired eyes...

The day didn't stop there! We still had dinner at Mama's, and it was oh so very yummy! It was such a busy day, but it truly was the best Easter ever! I never felt rushed or stressed out. Our schedules worked out perfectly, and best of all, I got to spend the whole day with my family! Thank you Lord for such an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment