Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reality Check

I'm working on an Easter post, but there are lots of pictures to sort through, and I just haven't had the time. I'll try to get that up soon! In the meantime...

I had a huge wake-up call this morning...Jeffrey has been working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day for almost 2 months now. While this is great for our bank account, it's not so good for family time. I try to be positive, but let's be honest, it gets hard not seeing him and being able to do things with him. He's exhausted when he gets home and works through the weekend, so family time is very minimal right now.

However...he gets to come home EVERY NIGHT. I get to see him (even if it's just a minute) EVERY MORNING. We have special days, like Easter, where he gets off work.

My reality check...Many people, strangers and friends, don't get to see their loved ones at all for months, sometimes years, at a time. They are halfway across the world fighting for our freedom, or they are stationed in another part of the country training for those fights. I can not imagine the strength these men, women and children have to have to get through those times without their loved ones. The constant worry and stress they must be under. It makes my heart hurt just thinking about them. It also makes my heart grateful for the sacrifice they are all making.

Many thanks to all those abroad and home fighting for our freedom. Many thanks to all those family and friends for supporting them. It takes a special heart to do what you do, and I am very grateful!





No comments:

Post a Comment