Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy Bee

Do you ever wake up on Monday morning and ask yourself, "Self, what happened to the weekend?"? Well, that's me today. I feel like I just got off work on Friday. It went by way too fast!

Even though it was a fast weekend, it was such a fun one! (Be prepared: this post is full of videos and pictures)

Friday night, Jackie and Johnny (Jeffrey's parents) both returned after being out of town. They were dying to see Levi, so we went over that night. They were all so excited! Jackie had brought Levi a movie and a truck (like Daddy's), and oh my goodness, he thought that was the greatest thing ever!


Saturday, I helped with Maple Hill's Ladies Inspiration Day. I was in charge of decorating, and I think our little group did a great job (if I do say so myself). :) The tables looked beautiful, largely in part to the beautiful flower arrangements donated by SS Graham. I didn't get to hear the speaker, but I heard a lot of good things being said. It was so nice to just spend the morning with wonderful women from different congregations coming to fellowship and worship the Lord. What a great way to start off the weekend!

I did realize something after I left though...one of these days, I'm going to actually get to sit down and enjoy an event without working it! Haha. I'm always doing stuff behind the scenes that keeps me from being a part of the event. For instance...I couldn't tell you the last wedding I actually just attended as a guest! I'm going to start crashing stranger's weddings so I can see a full ceremony. :)

I met Mom and Levi after that was over, and I had a gift for Levi from his great-great-Aunt Ruth. She called me to tell me she'd seen a stuffed rabbit in the CVS ad, and she wanted me to get it for Levi. Well, the bunny was, um, not attractive at all. So, I got a cute duck instead. He ADORED it! I actually caught his quacking on video, and as a special treat, his "get low" dance. :)



After that fun stuff, we headed to see the Easter bunny. He wasn't too sure at first, but this bunny (I think a teenage girl) was so great and patient! There wasn't anybody in line, so we took a few minutes to let him get comfortable. We let the next person go in front of us, and after seeing those girls take their picture, he was all ready for the Easter bunny! In fact, he didn't want to get off his/her lap!



Playing peek-a-boo with the Easter bunny


Sunday after church, we went to an event I look forward to each year: The Southern Women's Show!! Three years ago, Courtney won tickets it. She asked if I wanted to go, and of course, I said yes! I always jump at the chance to spend time with my sister, even if we don't know what we're getting into. :) We absolutely LOVED it! We talked about it so much that Mom decided she wanted to go the next year, and again, we all had a blast. This year, Mom won us 4 free tickets, so we got to add another person to our group-Hope! Hope has been Courtney's best friend since their freshman year of high school when I forced them together. :) She might as well be part of the family. This was her first year to go, and she was in Hopey-heaven. :) We all had so much fun and planned to go next year without a doubt!



Sad he's gone :(

Um...

Me swooning over Biebs


In between all that fun stuff, I did some household chores. Levi is suddenly very interested in all of the chores and wants to help with everything. Here are some pics and videos of him helping me put my water in the fridge and helping me fold the laundry. Enjoy and have a great Monday! :)



Whew-putting these waters up is hard work!

Really helping :)



And one more... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment