Monday, April 11, 2011

Nap Please?

Do you ever feel like you need another weekend to recover from the weekend you just had? That is me this morning. I am so tired! It was go go go for us from the time we woke up Saturday morning to the time we went to sleep Sunday night. It was so nice to spend time with my little man doing fun things and hanging out with our family and friends. And the best part of the whole weekend? Jeffrey was off yesterday!! Yay! It's so rare that he gets a day off on the weekend, and I really wanted him to have Sunday off because of the Easter egg hunt. Thank you Lord for making that happen!

Alright, a quick recap...

Let's start with Saturday morning, VERY early Saturday morning. Levi and I met Lori at Home Depot so we could ride together to Brentwood for The Walker Run. Since this was the first year for this, we weren't really sure what to expect. We got there right around 7 like we were supposed to (I know, shocker huh?), and there were probably 40-50 people milling around. By the time we made it in and out of the restroom, people were EVERYWHERE! They just kept on coming! They said over 1200 people had registered for the event! Since a lot of them were from different states (some even from New Zealand-her birth place), not everybody was there in person to walk. The guesstimated total (those that signed up) is around 720! Amazing! They were able to give the Walker family a check worth $32,000. It was a truly heartwarming moment when they handed her the check. She was so humble and gracious.

It was awfully early for Levi (heck, it was early for ME), so I wasn't sure how he'd do. He got a little fussy towards the end, but as soon as he was "freed" from his stroller, he was a happy camper. I'm so thankful I was able to participate in this event. I got to meet Sara, and am just amazed at her courage and strength. I have truly taken to heart her motto and slogan for the event:

Striving to savor the sweetness of life one day at a time!


Pre-walk nourishment :)




He wanted to cross the finish line on his own :)


We did it!

Matching kicks :)
We were supposed to take a nap after that so we'd be well-rested for Lily's party that afternoon. Well, Levi napped all the way home then was ready to go when we got there! So, Mommy got no nap-as usual. Go ahead, feel sorry for me. :(

So after my no-nap, we met Mom and Courtney at Steak-and-Shake where we got THE slowest server ever! I'm not kidding, it was so bad we felt sorry for him. We finally made it to Lily's party a little after 2, ok, a lot after 2! But thankfully we hadn't missed any major events. As typical for my son, he ran around the house the whole time. So, I didn't get a lot of pictures. I did manage to snap this one of my adorable little cousin:



Derek trying to teach Levi how to give "knucks" :)


Levi looked so cute in his plaid shorts outfit, I just had to get a picture. Yeah, that's not the easiest thing in the world to do...








Ok, I'm worn out just from telling you all that, so I know you're tired of reading. Sunday will just have to wait... I have a lot of pictures from the egg hunt, and I don't want to overload you in one post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment