Friday, March 11, 2011

Hopes and Dreams

It's FRIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYY! Woo hoo! I just love this day. It brings such happiness to my heart. :)

Today, however, there's a touch of sadness to my favorite day of the week. So many people have experienced such loss and devestation from the earthquake and tsunami. I can't imagine my home and loved ones being taken away from me in one split second. Please keep these people in your prayers.

Also, Jeffrey and I actually got to go on a date last night. Woo hoo! We saw Adjustment Bureau, and I would HIGHLY recommend it! GREAT movie! :)



Ok, ready for the challenge...

Day 13: Goals

Isn't it funny how our goals can change so quickly, even from day to day? I often find myself having short-term goals and long-term goals. For instance, my goal today is to not drink sweet tea. Considering I feel like this:



...I might not meet my goal for today. :)

I also have a goal of getting Levi's thank you cards written out. I am determined to meet this goal this weekend!

Another goal, get my house clean. This might take a while...Lol. :)



Ok, it's not THAT bad...hehe. But you know how sometimes you look at a couple of things strewn out on the kitchen table or the living room floor and it SEEMS like this is what you're looking at...that's me right now.

But those are all short-term goals and somewhat trivial...they're easy. It's the long-term goals I struggle with.

I'd say my ultimate goal is to get to Heaven. Along with that goes my goal of getting all my loved ones to Heaven with me. :) That's an "easy" one.

I had the goal of becoming a mother, and I've accomplished that. Now my goal is to be a good and godly mother. Working on that one daily! :)

I, of course, strive daily to be a good wife, sister, daughter, friend, etc. That's definitely an ongoing goal!

Professionally...I'm still figuring that one out! :) I always dreamed of owning my own business, and I do and love it! But now, I'm not sure I want to do it full-time, long-term. It's just so tough to be away every weekend from April-November. And I know it will only get worse as Levi gets older and starts playing sports and such. However, this is my dream! I don't want to give it up! I'm hoping that having Jaime on board will relieve some of this stress and worry. I'm only taking 2 weddings a month, and she's taking 2 or ones that are on the same days as mine. I think that's going to be such a big help! So, ask me about this one in a year or so... :)

Jeffrey and I have a goal to have everything paid off except the house. We started to put a date on it, but with his hours being so unpredictable, that's kind of hard to do. So, someday SOON is our goal! :)

I think my ultimate goal in life is to just be happy. I know that sounds cheesy, but that's what I want. I want to be doing something that makes me happy. I want to be living life with the people that make me happy. I want to be content and proud of myself. If I'm happy, and the people I love are happy, then I'd say my hopes and dreams have been fullfilled. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment