Thursday, March 24, 2011

Where I'd Like To Be...

I am determined to get through this challenge! Day 22 and 23 go together perfectly, so I'm knocking them out together. I know, this sounds like I'm cheating the "system", but seriously, these are about the same place:

Day 22: Favorite City and Day 23: Favorite Vacation

I've already told you about Aruba, which is probably my ultimate favorite vacation. However, there's another one that comes in a VERY close second, and it also doubles as my favorite city:

ASHEVILLE, NC

We travelled to the Asheville area for our very first anniversary trip. I fell in love with the city as soon as I laid eyes on it. It has such a quaint charm about it. Everywhere we went was just beautiful, and the people were beyond friendly. We had such an amazing time!

We started our trip at the Natural Slide in Pisgah National Forrest. It was FREEZING!!! I mean, seriously, I don't think I've ever been in water that cold. But, we were not about to pass up this opportunity! If you're ever in this area or passing through, I would highly recommend at least one trip down this amazing God creation. :)



This is me saying "Oh it's SO cold!"


After that, we made our way through the mountains to Asheville. This is one of the prettiest drives I've ever seen. We definitely want to go back in the fall when the leaves have changed.


There were lots of "timer" pictures on this trip :)
Our first day in Asheville consisted of nothing other than the Biltmore! I probably could've spent our whole trip there. It's just unbelievable! We did everything: toured the house, went to the farm, had a picnic at the pond, went to the winery. I didn't want to miss a thing!





They had a goat named "Mere" :)


The next couple of days were filled with lots of exploring and quality time. We took a trolley tour then headed to Boone and Blowing Rock. We stopped at an "amusement park" and hiked in Chimney Rock.








Most Beautiful McDs in the US


If you ever head to Asheville, I would highly recommend making the loop that we did. We saw so many beautiful places and got to do a lot of different things. I can't wait to go back! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I am literally stomping my feet and crossing my arms in a tantrim (sp?) to go to The Biltmore! I serioulsy need a complete list of "must see's"!!! I am so excited to go, and even more after seeing this post! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you would LOVE Asheville and the Biltmore! It's right up your alley! It's not far away, and the drive alone is worth it! I'll be more than happy to help you plan. Just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete