Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Regrets Schmegets

Good morning friends! Today is Wednesday, and I'm excited for several reasons:

1) I'm going out to lunch for my birthday! Woo hoo! Let the celebration begin! :)
2) Church night! I hope little man is still feeling good so we can go (don't worry guys-he's not contagious!).
3) It's supposed to be beautiful today! Bring on the sunshine!

Ok, I have to share some pictures with you. Saturday, the police department (where my sister works) put on a child safety event at Kroger. They gave away id kits, had face painting and a cookie decorating station. Their mascot Scruff was there, too. Levi was NOT happy about Scruff. He cried everytime he saw him, but then he'd go looking for him. Now does that make any sense at all?! He eventually got used to him, and even ended up petting/hitting him. Take a look:





I love doing stuff like this with him. He's just at that age where everything's new, and his face just lights up! :)

Ok, one more Levi thing (sorry!). He has 2 new favorite things to do, and I caught both of them on camera the other night. The first is to de-rail his train. He knocks it over then grunts and struggles to turn it back right. Not sure why this is fun, but hey, he loves it!


Notice the tongue out in immense concentration

 Now, his other favorite thing to do is climb up on my stomach and prop his feet up on my shoulders. Again, not sure why this is fun, or why he has to stick his tongue out while doing it... :)



Alright, I'll do the challenge now... :)

Day 18: Something You Regret

Ok, so, I always hate this question. I mean, who really wants to focus on things they regret? Plus, I can't change it, so it seems kind of silly to talk about it. But...that is the challenge today, so I will answer. Regret to me is just something you wish you'd done but didn't or wish you hadn't done but did. My regrets aren't life-changing necessarily. They're just things I'm sorry for in one way or another.

I regret anything I've ever said or done that has hurt somebody.

I regret not doing something just because I was scared.

I regret not spending more time with my grandmother in the years she was in the nursing home.

I regret getting a credit card in college.

I regret not staying physically active.

I regret not telling every person I've ever met about Jesus.

I regret cutting my hair off my senior year of high school (I mean, I looked like a boy!).

I regret not going sky-diving when I turned 21. I had always said I was going to, then it came time, and I just didn't.

I regret ever going to the tanning bed.

I regret I didn't stick to my "no sweet tea diet" because now I'm addicted again.

Ok, so I'm sure I could come up with some more. But my title explains how I feel about regrets. I don't like them, and I don't think they're necessary. In fact, I think they're detrimental (ooh big word) to my well-being. As always, I try to turn to the Bible for help. Here's what the Bible says:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." Isaiah 43:18 (NIV)

So, that's what I do. I forget the regrets and focus on the good. I try not to "regret" any big decisions, and here's why: If my past wasn't my past, then my present might not be my present. Does that make sense to anybody but me?! Haha. In other words, I wouldn't be where I am today without my past, regrets and all, and I'm happy where I am. I'm a sweet tea drinkin, never been skydiving, out of shape happy mom and wife, and that is more than fine with me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha.. I love that you said he was petting/hitting him. They are so much alike! Boys will be boys, right? We need to have a playdate! I think they would have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete