Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stressed is DESSERTS...

...spelled backwards! :) I've always loved this saying b/c well, I love desserts. Haha. Especially this one:

Mmm...Chocolate Stampede!
Today is about stress, but first, a few words from our sponsors...

Have you seen the movie "How Do You Know?"? We watched it last night after church, and it's really cute. It's not like "Oh my gosh, you have to see it" cute, but it was good. It did get me thinking though...how DO you know? How do you know when you meet the "one"? I asked Jeffrey how he knew, and he said "I'll let you know when I find her.". My romantic husband. Lol. :)
Ok, next sponsor...Otis Spunkmeyer! If there are better cookies in this world, I have not found them. Every bite is like a party in my mouth. (Yeah, that was a little cheesy)



Moving on...I miss McDs sweet tea. :( I've gone 3 days without tea now. I'm not having withdrawals or anything, but I do miss it. I just like tea. I can't help it-I'm a true southerner!



Alright, one more...I love my Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara. It's just wonderful! However, I do not recommend holding it in your right hand, and trying to put it on your left eye (over your nose). You WILL hit the stick part on your nose and have to cover up the blackish stain left by the mascara. Just trying to help you out here...



Ok, on to the challenge!

Day 28: Something That Stresses You Out

Boy am I glad I wasn't writing this 2 years ago. Why? It would be about 10 pages long! I used to let EVERYthing stress me out. Now, I try not to stress. It's bad for your health-physically and mentally! :)Unfortunately, trying not to stress doesn't mean I don't stress at all. I just try not to let my stresses stress me out! Follow? :)

For instance, traffic is a stresser-a HUGE stresser! However, I've learned that it's just a part of my life as long as I'm working in Nashville. So, yesterday morning, I was stressing over traffic. I look to my right, and there's another poor soul stuck sitting in his car beside me. But you know what he was doing? JAMMING OUT! I mean, full-blown head-nodding and singing at the top of his lungs. So you know what I did? I cranked up Lady Gaga (on the radio folks, not a cd) and head-banged right along with him! Instant stress relief! ;)



Another stresser-the dreaded finances! Dun dun dun! I handle all our finances, so I feel a huge responsibility to handle them well. It can be stressful at times, especially with Jeffrey's hours always changing. But ultimately, we're fine! We have everything we need, and most of the things we want. I just thank God for our jobs and income and everything that those things provide us.



A stress that's just come up lately, taking Levi to church. I hate that this is a stresser, but it is. He is just so active right now, that to get him to sit still for an hour is almost impossible! Not to mention he wants to talk to everybody around us, thus distracting them. And, Wednesday night church is his bedtime, so he's exhausted. I've been going with my mom and sister a lot when Jeffrey's working b/c I just flat out need the help. I look around at all the other little kids his age sitting so nice and quiet, and I start to think, "Oh how I wish...". But then I mentally slap myself! I LOVE my active, rambunctious, crazy, fun and friendly child! (I'm not saying those other kids aren't all those things, so don't attack me please!) He's not being bad, he just wants to play! We just keep right on sitting there, and one day (hopefully soon), he'll figure it out! :)

My job is a stress right now. At some point in the future (could be near, could be far), my office is moving to Cool Springs. Let me just tell you, that is NOT a drive I want to make every day. Why? This is why:

1 hour 5 mins / 55.47 miles
 
That, dear readers, is how long it would take from my house to the exit. And that's not even considering traffic!
 
I get home later than I want to now working in Nashville. So, I'm going to have to find something else. But I have been so blessed by my current place of employment, that I feel like I'm not going to be happy anywhere else. I know I will get used to it, but it's just tough. This was my first job out of college, and these people have watched me get married and have my first baby. The guys I work with are like family to me. I try not to think about it too much b/c the new building is all up in the air, so who knows what will happen other than the big man upstairs! :)

So, why am I not as stressed as I was 3 years ago? It's my (fairly) newfound trust in God. I just realized that I needed to let God handle it, and just trust that He was going to take care of whatever was stressing me out.

I ran across this from an article on how Christians deal with stress:

"Stress and anxiety for a Christian can take on many different shapes and forms, yet in general, for most Christians, stress boils down to one idea - lack of trust in God."

That's it in a nutshell! Thank God I don't have to be stressed! Now I can just eat desserts! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment